While we at Sealy take sleep seriously, we love to look on the lighter side of life – much like Christel-Michel Kruger, the writer behind The Nocturnal Wenchy blog. In her latest blog post, Wenchy takes a tongue-in-cheek look at the challenges of trying to get a good sleep in South Africa.
Describing the challenges of a nocturnal mind wanderer, Wenchy writes, “You may just get comfy, roughly throw your leg over your partner, let out a big sigh (the same one you make when you take your bra off at the end of the day) and bam the thought hits you… ‘Did I lock the back door?’”
Check out the full blog post here, to fully understand Wenchy’s challenges when it comes to getting good sleep in South Africa.
Describing herself as “a fierce Mental Health advocate and a lover of frivolous laughter and intelligent conversation”, Wenchy knows the importance of sleep and a good mattress. Perhaps after following tips from our Sealy blog, Wenchy would consider changing the name of her blog to “The Well-Rested Wenchy”?
Keeping in the good-humoured spirit of Wenchy’s latest blog post, we’ve rounded some of our favourite jokes about sleep:
- I’m so good at sleep, I can do it with my eyes closed!
- Dear Sleep, I know we had problems when I was a young kid. I love you now and I’m totally devoted to our relationship.
- Sleeping is my drug. My bed is my dealer, and my alarm clock is the police.
- Happiness is… not having to set the alarm for the next day.
- What do you get when you eat cookies in bed? Crummy sleep.
- It hurts when someone you love says mean things, like “wake up”.
- Insomnia sufferers, look on the bright side… only three more sleeps until Christmas!
- What do you call a sleeping bull? A bulldozer