Earlier this month we conducted our own Sealy Sleep Poll to find out more about the sleeping habits of our very own South African Sealy sleepers.
What did we find out?
Here’s how you responded to our Sealy Sleep Poll:
Do you sleep on the left or right hand side of the bed?
- The majority of South Africans reported getting out on the left hand side of the bed.
- 25% of respondents were loyal to their side – unwilling to switch sides with a partner.
- 75% admitted that the choice was a practical one- such as wanting to be nearer the bathroom door or further away from a noisy window.
Are you a morning bird or a night owl… or some kind of exhausted pigeon?
- 43% of you admitted to being night owls
- 37% were proud early birds…
- and 20% put themselves in the category of exhausted pigeon. Interestingly, almost all of these were young mothers caught up in feeding and caring for their little ones late at night and early in the morning.
Do you prefer waking up or falling asleep?
- There were very few Sealy fans who preferred waking up to falling asleep.
- 94% of respondents love falling asleep!
Do you prefer reading or watching TV before bedtime?
- Sealy fans clearly practice clean sleeping as the majority read before bed – a habit that does not interfere with sleep onset or sleep quality.
- Only 21% of respondents watch TV before bed.
Do you wake up tired or energized?
- Two out of three respondents are waking up feeling exhausted and groggy.
- One passionate respondent revealed that they wake up energized and ‘ready to go,go,go thanks to their Sealy mattress’
However, whenever and wherever you prefer to fall asleep, you have more chance of a good night sleep on a supportive mattress.
View our range of Sealy mattresses and find your perfect fit.