We spend a considerable amount of our lives on our bed. Undoubtedly, mattresses are worth every Rand you spend on them. So, when you have to buy one, ensure you have your mind set on the long-term benefits it can offer you; both in terms of investment and your well-being. There is no one size fits all approach when it comes to picking the best support mattress. As individuals, we have different sleeping patterns, different physique and vast preferences. Therefore, before you buy a new bed, be sure it’s worth both your sleep and money.
Below are some practical tips to guide you when it’s time to invest in the best support mattress:
- Do some background findings. This can be as simple as searching the internet or window shopping. For the former, you can look up different manufacturers, the underlying technology employed in their products, and other useful mattress tips. Also, you can check reviews and user comments on similar products on the internet to get a fair idea of its performance. If you prefer to window shop, visit various shops and stores and find out as much as you can about each brand and product.
- The internet can also help you find exciting mega deals and special offers on some of the best brands of mattresses.
- One point people often ignore is the size of the mattress. Consider the size of your room and be sure to pick a mattress that can comfortably fit in the space.
- Shop at expert mattress stores. If possible, look to purchase a mattress from an outlet that is specifically set up to sell mattresses. Here, the staff will be able to help you choose the ideal mattress based on your preferences. Also, such specialist outlets will often offer guarantees, financing, and home delivery services. Use Sealy’s handy Store Locator to find the closest Sealy stockist to where you are.
- Go for value not cost! Don’t look for the cheapest mattress on the market, instead, aim for the best support mattress that offers you good value for money. Remember, you can’t put a price on a good night sleep!
- Aim for comfort! When it comes to beds, people often believe a firm or rigid mattress is better than a flexible one. Well, this is usually not the case. However, what is important is how well the mattress supports your body weight and how much comfort it can offer to the sensitive parts of your body. If you ever need to test a mattress at a store, ensure you put on comfortable clothes that allow you to try out different sleep positions for around 10 – 15 minutes. Be sure to do this with several beds before you eventually settle for any.
- Explore! Try out all the various types of mattresses/brands before making a choice.
- While it may cost you more money, do not fall for the trick of using your old foundation for your new mattress. The chances are that if your old mattress is bad, so is your old foundation. So, spend a little extra and get a new foundation as well. This will help support your body and make your new mattress much more comfortable.
- Preferably, buy a mattress that comes with at least a 24-month guarantee. Thus, be sure to first inquire about claims and warranty procedures. Did you know Sealy mattresses come with a minimum of a 10-year warranty?
- In addition to your mattress foundation, invest in a mattress protector. Stains are much harder to get out of a mattress, and a stained mattress may void your warranty.